AWL are committed to reducing waste to improve the environment.
Our achievements to date are:
– Securing lottery funding for our Waste Consumption Reduction Project – Reduce and Recycle Hub
The Project Operating in Acton has helped residents make the following savings since October 2022
- Collected and Recycled 298kg of clothing
- Collected and Recycled 99.kg of small electrical items
- Rehomed over 200 books with our book swap scheme
- Helped reduce local carbon emissions by 2.965 tonnes
- Helped reduce water waste by 437M3
– Implementing Hybrid working
Our Hybrid working policy means
- Staff are working from home thus reducing their use of cars and public transport
- Teams meetings mean we print less documents to accompany meetings thus reducing our use of paper
- Less staff in the office reduces our buildings carbon foodprint, reducing our overhall use of gas, eletrics and water.
- Staff working from home are reducing their use of single use plastics, and food wrappers by eating at home
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org