Action West London values its volunteers and is keen to recruit volunteers who want to make a difference by helping to achieve our objectives to help disadvantaged young people and adults.
Action West London helps disadvantaged people – unemployed, people from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, young people not in education, training, or employment (NEETs), young offenders, adult offenders, lone parents, older people, people with mental health difficulties, refugees, digitally excluded, and people living in poverty.
Action West London’s Vision is ‘That people in West London will have opportunities to improve their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise’.
Action west London’d Mission is ‘to provide opportunities for people to change their lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise’
Action West London – ‘Changing lives through Employment, Education, and Enterprise’.
- Action West London achieves it’s Mission through a wide range of education, training, employment, self -employment and social enterprise projects.
- Support is provided for those people facing the most barriers to education, training and employment.
- Action West London also promotes social enterprise and self-employment through stalls at Acton Street Market and social enterprise advice.
- Action Acton works in partnership with other charities, social enterprises, local authorities, public sector bodies and private sector companies.
- Awards and Quality Marks include Matrix, Greenmark and Social Enterprise Mark.
Helping unemployed Ealing residents find sustainable employment, through 1-2-1 job search appointments, workshops and interviews. – PLUS ‘in-work support’ for employers and individuals.
TRUST FOR LONDON/CITY BRIDGE TRUST ‘MOVE ON UP’
Employment project for young black men aged 16-25 years.
BASIC IT AND INTERNET COURSES
To introduce people with basic or no IT skills to computers and the internet through UK online courses. Help in using the internet to find employment, education and training.
ESOL AND COMMUNITY INTEGRATION SUPPORT
ESOL and IT support to help integration and employment. The project provides ESOL classes, Information, Advice and Guidance and Personal Development plans, IT support and free E-learning.
Sign up to volunteer with us
YOU can help change lives!
For more information and stories of how to get involved in helping AWL
change disadvantaged peoples’ lives,