The Information Advice and Guidance Statement of Service
We will give you information and advice about jobs and courses to help you with your future plans.
Our information is free and fair.
We can help you:
- Write a professional CV
- Write cover letters
- Create an Action Plan
- Find the Right Job for you
- Find or complete an interesting course
- Gain a qualification
Find help with reading/writing/maths
Who is eligible?
Everyone will receive information when they call in at the centre, but advice and guidance service is only for learners enrolled on our courses.
Our commitment to you
- Everybody is welcome.
- Staff are friendly and happy to help.
- We will try to help people with physical and learning difficulties to find suitable courses or jobs.
- We will attempt to contact you within 2 working days of your referral to the programme in order to setup your Initial Meeting to enrol you to an Action West London programme most suited to your personal circumstances.
- Our centre is welcoming, accessible, safe, supportive, comfortable and with good resources (books and computers).
- Where English is not your first language and an interpreter is not available we will give you simple information that you can understand.
- We adhere to the following standards
- The service is committed to complying with Action West London Equal Opportunity policy
- Matrix standard
- Disability Confident (Bronze)
Our Promise to you
While you are on an Action West London programme you can expect the following from us:
- A Personal Advisor who will support you with your job search activity, help you become familiar with current recruitment practices and understand sector specific approaches.
- We will make you aware of the full range of support and advice available to you, including but not limited to:
- Flexible 1-2-1 online support
- Support to produce a CV.
- The opportunity to take part in an online information, advice and guidance sessions with fellow participants.
- Short vocational courses to enhance your employability.
- A mock interview
- Sector specific job advice
- Job matching to suitable vacancies and advice/links about suitable employers.
- Work Experience Placements, to gain skills required for when employment is secured.
- Tailored in work support when entered employment.
- Priorities and personal needs to agree a Personal Development Plan that will be updated throughout your time on programme.
- Provide you access to a wide catalogue of resources and information to support your search for sustainable employment via our Job and Skills Portal (Aptem).
- Continued access to online resources for six months following the end of your time on Programme.
- To be treated in a respectful and professional manner by all members of the Action West London Team.
Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
Friday 09:00 – 17:00
What we expect from you
We ask you to:
- complete a registration form
- provide eligibility documents to your Personal Advisor to enable you to access fully funded support on Action West London’s programmes.
- tell your Personal Advisor about any personal circumstances that should be considered, so they can offer the right support for you.
- Tell us if your situation changes, e.g. if you find a job, start a course
- tell us if you change your address, telephone or e-mail contact details
- come to all your appointments or let us know if you can’t
- follow the information and advice we give you
- Treat members of the Action West London Team and other programme participants with respect during your time on programme.
- Tell us if you have any comments, compliments, or complaints.
- Make the most out of your time on the programme and enjoy the journey. This programme was created to support you to progress into work or training so help your Personal Advisor to help you.
- Comply with our Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies which can be obtained from any member of staff.
Tell us what you think about the service. Suggestions are much appreciated. This will help us to make our service better. You can do this in the following ways.
- Fill in a questionnaire on the service. Questionnaires can be completed online using the following link or can be requested as hard copies.
- We may also contact you after you have completed your programme to ask you about feedback on your experience with us.
Please get in touch if you have any ideas that could help us improve our service. For comments and compliments you can email email@example.com
If you are not happy with our service, we want to hear from you. Please discuss your complaint with your usual Action West London contact. If this does not resolve the issue, then contact the Project Manager for the service you have received. Please allow them to take the first opportunity to answer your questions or put matters right.
If you are still unhappy and wish to make a formal complaint about the service provided by Action West London you can send your complaint by post or e-mail to: Laura Harris, Operation Support , Action West London, Doughnut Factory, 10 Warple Mews, Warple Way, Acton, London, W3 0RF. Tel: 020 8993 9605. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If, following our response, you are not satisfied, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the C.E.O of Action West London.
If you remain unhappy with our response, you will have the opportunity to escalate the matter to the Independent Case Examiner (ICE)
ICE contact details:
Independent Case Examiner’s Office
PO Box 209
The service complies with all requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 2018). We, at all times, safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. We do not give personal details to other people without asking you.
Action West London
10 Warple Mews, Warple Way,
Tel: 020 8993 9605