Who are we looking for ?
We believe the Met should be more representative of the people we serve in order to better respond to Londoners’ needs; which is why we’re looking for people from all backgrounds to join us. Above all, we want people who share our values of professionalism, integrity, courage and compassion, and who have the will to make a difference.
Physical fitness and strength is a common concern for many people thinking about becoming a police officer, but policing requires much more than this. There are many other valuable skills and qualities we’re looking for from applicants.
Our training is designed to support you in developing skills and discovering new ones that you didn’t know you had.
Here are just some of the skills and qualities we’re looking for:
- Open mindedness
- Calm under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good at problem solving and coming up with innovative solutions
- Digital skills
- Good at analyzing data and information
- Ability to handle responsibility and authority
- Determination and commitment