We will give you information and advice about jobs and courses to help you with your future plans.
Our information is free and fair.
We can help you:
- Write a professional CV
- Write cover letters
- Create an Action Plan
- Find the Right Job for you
- Find or complete an interesting course
- Gain a qualification
- Find help with reading/writing/maths
Who is eligible?
Everyone will receive information when they call in at the centre, but advice and guidance service is only for learners enrolled on our courses.
Our commitment to you
Everybody is welcome.
Staff are friendly and happy to help.
We will try to help people with physical and learning difficulties to find suitable courses or jobs.
Our centre is welcoming, accessible, safe, supportive, comfortable and with good resources (books and computers).
Where English is not your first language and an interpreter is not available we will give you simple information that you can understand.
We adhere to the following standards
- The service is committed to complying with Action West London Equal Opportunity policy
- Matrix standard
- Disability Confident (Bronze)
Monday 09:00 – 17:00
Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
Friday 09:00 – 17:00
What we expect from you
We ask you to:
- complete a registration form
- tell us if you change your address, telephone or e-mail contact details
- come to your appointments or let us know if you can’t
- follow the information and advice we give you
- respect the centre, the resources (books, computers etc) and the other people in the centre
- Comply with our Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies which can be obtained from any member of staff.
Tell us what you think about the service. Suggestions are much appreciated. This will help us to make our service better. You can do this in the following ways.
- Fill in a questionnaire on the service. Questionnaires are given in person or posted.
- You may receive a telephone call a month after your Information and Advice session.
If you are not happy with our service, we want to hear from you. Please discuss your complaint with your usual Action West London contact. If this does not resolve the issue, then contact the Project Manager for the service you have received. Please allow them to take the first opportunity to answer your questions or put matters right.
If you are still unhappy and wish to make a formal complaint about the service provided by Action West London you can send your complaint by post, fax or e-mail to: Gary Buckley, Operations Manager, Action West London, Doughnut Factory, 10 Warple Mews, Warple Way, Acton, London, W3 0RF. Tel: 020 8993 9605. E-mail: email@example.com
If, following our response, you are not satisfied, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the C.E.O of Action West London.
If you remain unhappy with our response, you will have the opportunity to escalate the matter to the Independent Case Examiner (ICE)
ICE contact details:
Independent Case Examiner’s Office
PO Box 209
The service complies with all requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. We, at all times, safeguard the confidentiality and privacy of our clients. We do not give personal details to other people without asking you.
IAG Advisor – Maria Lima
Action West London
10 Warple Mews, Warple Way,
Tel: 020 8993 9605
IAG Advisor – Huda Mohammed
Action West London
Unit 9, Morris House
Tel: 020 8735 4762