At Action West London we are celebrating 21 years of helping the most disadvantaged in our communities into education, employment and enterprise. Here we share some of our success stories.
- How our Small Charity has a BIG Impact“AWL provides direct support and opportunities for individuals who badly need help. Our work has a very positive social impact in the community of West London. Last year we won West London Business award for best company investing in West London’s community. With the massive increase in youth and adult employment due to Covid-19 our services will […]
- Volunteer Spotlight – Teacher Rachel CatererAt AWL, like all small charities we rely on dedicated volunteers to help us to deliver more for the vulnerable groups that we work with. We are grateful for all those who have worked with us over the years and helped with everything from day to day operations and fundraising to marketing and website support. They all […]
- Bashir’s StoryThe refugees we work with are ordinary people who have had to go through extreme difficulties and challenges to rebuild their lives in unfamiliar territory. Bashir’s story is just one of many. At AWL, we believe that the human resource is essential and so the ability of our advisers and staff members to support people who come to us is our greatest asset.
- Mex’s StoryBefore the war started in Syria, Mex hadn’t had it easy but she had build herself a good life. A mother to three kids, she worked hard for them to ensure they would have a bright future. She studied Pharmacy and worked for many years as a Pharmacist, she had just set up a Pharmacy business when the war struck.
- Tayba’s StoryA mother of 8, Tayba is a refugee who, with her family escaped persecution in Kuwait. Tayba needed a lot of support. Her children had to be placed in schools, benefits sorted out, English classes arranged.