Book now for a place on our information session and find out about the variety of interesting and well-paid opportunities available in this exciting industry, including both office and site based roles.
You will have the opportunity to join our programme which will help you develop your CV and interview skills, and give you free training to enable you to gain the CSCS card, your passport to working within the industry. You will have a guaranteed two-week work placement followed by support to gain employment in the industry. Placements will be available in both site based activities and office functions. We will match the placement as closely as possible to your interest
PART 1 Monday 4th March – Friday 15th March 2019 10am – 3pm TEN DAYS OF WORK-FOCUSED TRAINING Ten days of work-focused training, delivered by Women Into Construction, with a group of around 15 women, wishing to work in construction.
• Aims to boost confidence and motivation in a supportive environment.
• Looks at some of the barriers faced by women in returning to work, and highlights some of the assistance available, including information on childcare, benefits and tax credits.
• Work focused with advice and information on CV and interview skills, transferable skills, job applications and action planning.
• Includes five days of construction related training leading to a L1H&S qualification and the CSCS training and test – a requirement for all those wishing to work in the construction industry.
PART 2 Monday 18th – Friday 29th March 2019 TWO WEEKS WORK EXPERIENCE The work experience placement will follow the training and is five days a week for two weeks. You will not be required to attend on weekends and the programme only runs during term-time.
• What you will do; there is no typical placement. We will assign you to a position as close as possible to your area of interest, and you will work to a bespoke programme, gaining valuable experience in this area, with the potential of progression into paid work.
• You will have an allocated supervisor from within the company, as well as a mentor from Women Into Construction.
PART 3 NEXT STEPS DAY What is it for. A chance to let us know what you would like to do next, so that we can help you. Includes assistance with CVs, interviews and job applications. An opportunity to get back together as a group and share experience.
PART 4 FOUR WEEKS POST PLACEMENT SUPPORT We will continue to work with you to help you find employment once the programme is complete.
FINDING WORK IN CONSTRUCTION The success of this programme is proven with 50–70% of previous participants finding employment on completion.
This programme is open to all women and includes support with childcare.