Apply Soon, job listing closes 22nd February!
The apprentice will work in the Single Homelessness Team focusing on preventing homelessness for single people and childless couples who approach the Council in housing need. The post holder will gain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and procedures on homelessness and to provide innovative advice and solutions when dealing with complex and difficult cases.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop knowledge of the service and its users.
- To respond to customers and clients as required ensuring that all enquiries are processed within agreed service delivery standards.
- Produce documents, letters and reports as required using computer systems.
- To create, update and maintain systems, files and records.
- To work towards and complete your learning modules as a part of your apprenticeship programme.
- To participate actively in your own development plan as agreed with the line manager and training provider assessor / development coach.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council’s Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post and in-line with the Apprenticeship.
Skills and experience:
- English & Maths GCSE’s Grade C or above
- Other requirements as requested by the Industry relevant body specific to the apprenticeship
- Good IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working effectively in a team
- Working in a customer service environment
- Working with IT systems or databases
- Good organising and time-keeping skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Willingness to learn, motivation and commitment
The salary is £15,000 per year, the contract hours are Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm. You will receive a qualification in Level 3 Housing / Property Management after the apprenticeship which will last 18 months. There are 6 roles apprenticeship roles that need to be filled.