Action West London is continuing with our vital support services for unemployed young people and Adults in West London during these critical times. We have now moved to providing our support through phone, e-mail, website and social media. Despite the enormous challenges that everyone in society faces we are determined to continue to provide our support where we can.
Read more on our active projects here
How we are adapting
· Employment opportunities—there is urgent demand from employers who provide essential services –such as the NHS, supermarkets, warehouses and mobile deliveries. We can help you access these vacancies.
· Every young person and adult we are currently working with will be contacted by Action West London staff to check out if there are ways we can help. This might include advice on Universal Credit, Housing benefit and other concerns
· Training opportunities –we are setting up online ESOL classes and Job Clubs. We can provide you with information on a wide range of FREE online training opportunities provided by other training providers
· Advice from government (e.g. DWP), local authorities and other public bodies, charities and voluntary organisations. We can inform you about what help and information is available.
· Signposting to Community support—Action West London has been established in West London for 21 years -so we have excellent knowledge of a wide range of support available in the community which we can share with you.
· Community languages –Action West London staff speak many different languages so we can help and advise people we are working with who have difficulties with English.
· Employment, Education and Enterprise are our 3 key areas of work. We aren’t knowledgeable ourselves with many other things –but we may be able to help you by informing you of support from other organisations who are experts.
· Updates –we will be changing how we work and exploring ways we can offer our support. Please feel free to give us your suggestions and ideas.
· ACTION WEST LONDON HAS BEEN CHANGING LIVES FOR 21 YEARS –and we intend to continue to do so for many more -despite the enormous challenges we are all currently facing.
- Action West London has won a place on a national Scale Accelerator programme
- AWL celebrated Anti-Bullying Week last week and aims to challenge any form of bullying and discrimination, particularly in the workplace
- Action West London helps Syrian refugee family improve their English skills and job opportunities throughout lockdown.
- Action West London Team presenting our ‘knowledge exchange’ video
- AWL Wins at ERSA Employability Awards!